Thursday, November 27, 2008

A lot to be thankful for


I am very, very good at finding problems.  While this serves me well at work (because at least there I am also pretty good at finding solutions) it is more often than not a hindrance in real life.

But today is Thanksgiving day, and so in the spirit of the day here is a list, by no means exhaustive, of the things I am so very thankful for:
  • Rob and Sara
  • Nanci and CJ, Sharon, Tony, Kelli and Dani
  • Mom and Dad, and everything (tangible and not) they left behind for us
  • Grammy and her safe recovery
  • Kathy, Skip, Trish, Ray, and Grampa Bill
  • My family - all of them
  • My community
  • The generosity of friends
  • My brother-in-law, alive and well in Iraq
  • Watching Sara grow up and into herself
  • The anticipation of Christmas
  • Friends who never stray
  • A stable job with a steady paycheck
  • A safe place to live with a warm bed for sleeping
  • Gardens, and all that they provide
  • The promise of a finished home (some day at least!)
  • Fond memories (like this, this, this, and this and this)
  • Safe travels
  • Second chances
  • Third chances
  • Good books
  • The Good Book
  • Grace enough
  • Stories of survival (like this one)
  • The blue and white plates hanging in my grandmother's dining room
  • The first sip of coffee in the morning
  • My cat Pete (the best cat ever)
  • Our new fluffy warm blanket
  • Pretty autumn days
  • Catching the perfect picture of Sara
  • Our new little tree
  • Good health
  • Love, love love
How about you?

No comments: