Monday, December 03, 2007

Ricochet round

Why is it that I can work with really sick kids every day and never shed a tear, but when I land on a TLC special about premature quintuplets I have to take such a big breath to stop the tears that Rob asks from the other room if I'm OK? Is it me, or is that just crazy?

--------------------------

We (yes, we) have managed to keep the house picked up for 24 hours. MONUMENTAL.

---------------------------

I don't know how many things I threw out today but I way overshot my 20-item goal.

---------------------------

Sara. Seriosly, what am I going to do about her?I mean I love her so I can't kill her but come on -- free falling from the coffee table onto the couch? Who could have predicted that? This is why she is not allowed to be in the living room by herself anymore.

---------------------------

Can't wait to see more of the pictures that Elaine took. CAN'T WAIT!!!

---------------------------

Mike Spencer seemed to make a point out of having me cry last week. Lots of talk about the holidays without my parents. Yeah, at times it will suck. I know it will. But I don't really want this to be My First Christmas As An Orphan. Really, and maybe I shouldn't disclose this admission of complete selfishness, but I am kind of making a point of enjoying this Christmas. Like, holiday music on the car since the week of Thanksgiving and trees and lights and cookies and "It's a Wonderful Life" popcorn nights. It's been so long since I've had a choice about whether or not to feel happy that I'm really opting in this year. Besides, my folks wouldn't want it any other way.

---------------------------

Need to finish Sara's stocking... I actually cut out all the pieces and pinned it together two years ago, before she was born: An angel with a red gown on a cream stocking with green trim and her name along the bottom. And then, well... all hell broke loose. Two years later and I can finally finish. Besides, when I started I didn't know what color to make her hair. Now I do. :)

---------------------------

Happy Holidays everybody!

No comments: