Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Richard tagged me...

... and now I feel all fluttery inside.

(Richard, for the record, is my most platonic of crushes. He and his wife are two of the best people I know -- they are smart and funny and make me think WAY outside my box, and I love them for it. But Richard? Well, he calls me "darlin" sometimes and I just go all weak in the knees. That Amy is one lucky girl!)

Anyway, he tagged me. Blog tag 123, to be exact.

I guess the game goes like this (and I lift this directly from his blog):

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more
Find page 123
Find the first five sentences
Post the next three sentences
Tag five people

So, the nearest book for me is "Raising You Spirited Child" by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka. Here's my lines:

"Duane listened quietly to the group and then asked, 'How can I tell my son I'm glad he's sensitive when it makes me flinch inside? I am embarrassed by my sensitivity and my son's too. When I grew up, boys didn't cry and I cried over everything."

There's more, but I'll just have to leave you hanging.

And for my five? Now that's tough. I guess I'll go with Amy, Lisa,
Scott, NKP, and Jeff.

Hopefully their bedside reading is a little more exciting than mine...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fun stuff. Perhaps you will discover how hokey my reading material is. thanks for the great compliments. I just told richard that I think you must feel about Rob the same way I feel about Richard, and that make me want to spend way more time with you guys :)